Cancer CAREpoint is launching a recipe contest to share Healthy Recipes that were helpful and enjoyable during and after cancer treatment. We are looking for recipes in all categories: main meals, sides, snacks, beverages and desserts. There will be winners and prizes for each category.
Winners will be awarded for each category and will be highlighted at a Cancer CAREpoint culinary event in the March/April timeframe. Recipes will be judged by Cancer CAREpoint staff and Cancer CAREpoint nutritionists and dieticians.
The contest is open to all and will run from October 1st to January 31st.
For more information contact Cecilia 408.402.6287 [email protected].
We are looking for healthy and helpful recipes enjoyed by patients and their families during and after cancer treatment. A variety of recipes are encouraged for submission: breakfast, snacks, sides, main dishes, beverages, smoothies, and even desserts.
Recipes will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Ease of preparation:
- How easy is it to find the ingredients—think about ingredients that are easily found in most chain supermarkets? If an ingredient is harder to find, please make note of where you find it…such as a specialty market or online.
- How long does it take to prepare the recipe and how long to cook?
- How many steps/complicated actions are a part of the preparation or cooking?
- Recipes that contain whole, unprocessed food ingredients and that limit processed ingredients. Recipes using whole grains, lean cuts of meats (unprocessed), vegetables, fruits, herbs, and spices are preferred.
- For recipes with meat, limiting or avoiding high temperature cooking methods such as barbequing or smoking.
- Recipes that limit added sweeteners as much as possible, such as sugar, honey, agave and other natural sweeteners.
- Recipes that have limited salt content.
- Recipes that limit the fat content and avoid trans-fat, such as shortening and margarine.
Rules for Recipe Contest Submission:
- Recipes must be submitted by email to: [email protected] by January 31st, 2020
- Recipes must include:
- Number and size of servings
- The amount of total prep time and cooking time.
- Step-by-step directions for preparation and cooking. Including equipment needed, ingredient order of use, method of cooking, temperature, and time.
- A photo of the finished recipe. We also encourage photos of the cooking process but are not required.
- A short paragraph of why the recipe was helpful during or after cancer treatment, along with how Cancer CAREpoint was helpful or provided support during and after cancer treatment would be appreciated.
- Name, email address and any pictures associated with the recipe. Please note that any information you disclose may be made available publicly on our website. Please be mindful of personal information and other content you submit.
- Recipes need not be original, but credit should be provided to the source. Recipes cannot be reproduced from copyrighted material.
By submitting a recipe to [email protected], you grant Cancer CAREpoint and visitors to Cancer CAREpoint’s website a royalty-free license to edit, publish, create derivative works from, and otherwise use the recipe, at no charge, in any medium and for any purpose.