Cancer CAREpoint Job Openings
Development and Marketing Director
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Development and Marketing Director will spearhead development efforts to support Cancer CAREpoint’s growth. The Development Director will play a crucial role in continuing to grow Cancer CAREpoint’s donor base and revenue stream to support community growth and outreach.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan in conjunction with Executive Director and Board
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with donors
- Extend and formalize existing Legacy Giving Program
- Oversee and manage all aspects of writing, mailing and producing mail appeals
- Oversee external and internal fundraising events
- Oversee annual golf and Garden Party events working with volunteers, staff and board members
- Grants: overall responsibility for identification and submission of corporate and foundation fundraising
- Research, develop, write and track proposals for corporate and foundation fundraising
- Working with Director of Programs, submit appropriate grant summary reports
- Identify marketing and PR opportunities
- Coordinate marketing and manage development and distribution of collateral material, including newsletter, website, annual report, and other materials for donors, supporters, and volunteers
- Manage website content
- Work with Marketing Committee to support fundraising and awareness raising activities
- Oversee identification, training, and management of Cancer CAREpoint ambassadors
- Management of team supporting fundraising and outreach
- 5 – 10 years of experience in a related field or relevant skills
- Success in making fundraising solicitation asks
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge or similar donor management system required
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications and fundraising strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Relationship builder and team player
- Ability to work on both the strategic and tactical level
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Passionate about the mission of Cancer CAREpoint and supporting cancer patients and families in our community.
About Cancer CAREpoint
Cancer CAREpoint provides support to anyone impacted by cancer in Silicon Valley – no matter where they receive their medical care, the insurance status or their cancer type. Our programs include nutrition classes, counseling, support groups, exercise & movement classes, therapeutic massage, a wig bank, guided imagery and meditation, and educational workshops. For more information visit www.cancercarepoint.org.
Please send your cover letter (required) and resume to Dawn Hogh, Executive Director at [email protected]. No phone calls please. Cancer CAREpoint is an equal opportunity employer.