Cancer CAREpoint Job Openings
Development and Marketing Director
Cancer CAREpoint seeks an entrepreneurial, outcome-driven, and creative fundraising professional to serve as the Director of Development and Marketing reporting to the Executive Director (ED). The Director of Development and Marketing is both a strategic thinker, identifying the overall fundraising strategy to expand our donor base and the infrastructure required to do this as well as a hands-on fundraiser, building on the infrastructure to cultivate and grow relationships in the community. S/He will develop a forward-looking and sustainable strategic plan for fundraising focused on expanding and diversifying income sources from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of propelling a non-profit into the next tier of fundraising and a passion for Cancer CAREpoint’s vision that no one should face cancer alone.
Cancer CAREpoint is at an exciting moment in its trajectory. After 10 years of expanding our services and building a base of support in the community and responding to the needs of cancer patients, survivors, family members, and caregivers, we are seeking to aggressively expand our community partnerships and the individuals we serve, to further meet the needs in underrepresented communities. To do this we seek an energetic and creative leader for our fundraising and marketing needs.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan in conjunction with Executive Director and Board
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with donors
- Extend and formalize existing Legacy Giving Program
- Oversee and manage all aspects of writing, mailing and producing mail appeals
— Oversee external and internal fundraising events
— Oversee annual golf and Garden Party events working with volunteers, staff and board members
- Grants: overall responsibility for identification and submission of corporate and foundation fundraising
- Research, develop, write and track proposals for corporate and foundation fundraising
- Working with Director of Client Services, submit appropriate grant summary reports
- Identify marketing and PR opportunities
- Coordinate marketing and manage development and distribution of collateral material, including newsletter, website, annual report, and other materials for donors, supporters, and volunteers
- Manage website content
- Work with Marketing Committee to support fundraising and awareness raising activities
- Management of team supporting fundraising and marketing
- 5 – 10 years of experience in a related field or relevant skills
- Success in making fundraising solicitation asks and growing donors and donations
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge or similar donor management system required
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications and fundraising strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Relationship builder and team player
- Ability to work on both the strategic and tactical level
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Passionate about the mission of Cancer CAREpoint and supporting cancer patients and families in our community.
About Cancer CAREpoint
Cancer CAREpoint provides support to anyone impacted by cancer in Silicon Valley – no matter where they receive their medical care, their insurance status or their cancer type, all at no cost. Our programs include counseling, support groups, nutrition, exercise and mindfulness classes, a wig boutique, and educational workshops.
Please send your cover letter (required) and resume to Dawn Hogh, Executive Director at [email protected]. No phone calls please. Cancer CAREpoint is an equal opportunity employer.