Cancer CAREpoint Job Openings
Cancer CAREpoint, a dynamic and impactful non-profit providing personalized support to cancer patients, survivors, families and caregivers in Silicon Valley, is seeking an office manager who wants to contribute to our overall ability to provide care for those impacted by cancer by taking care of the day-to-day operations of the office ensuring efficient and effective operations. The Office Manager will work under the direction of the Executive Director to ensure the needs of the office, our staff, and our clients are met in a timely manner.
Cancer CAREpoint is the only community-based organization in Silicon Valley providing direct non-medical support programs to patients and family members no matter where they receive their medical care, their insurance status or cancer type, all at no cost.
This is a full-time position. At time of hire this position may be remote due to the shelter-in-place orders but will transition to an on-site position in the Resource Center when we re-open our physical space.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated bookkeeping/accounting competence
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Effective team behavior and demonstrated effective interpersonal relationships
- Payroll–ensure time is tracked appropriately for all employees and that payroll is processed on a biweekly basis
- Income and Accounts Payable
- Working with development team, make bank deposits and ensure financial information is recorded appropriately
- Pay bills and send copies to bookkeeping organization to ensure appropriate accounting
- Reconcile revenue and expenses with bank statements
- Provide auditors, on a yearly basis, information to file tax returns and yearly financial statements
- Manage the office to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally and maintain professional image
- Manage computer and phone assets
- Maintain office equipment including computers, copier, fax, telephones, etc. by working with external vendors
- Keep the office clean and tidy – organize supplies, file paperwork, recycles, etc. and work with external facility vendors
- Maintain and replenish inventory and office supplies
- Assist with client and donor communications and mailings
- Assist the Executive Director with preparing documents for Board meetings and Executive Committee
- Assist with coordinating volunteers and staffing subs
- Assist with calendar creation & editing
- Assist the Executive Director, Board, and other staff with miscellaneous projects as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bilingual skills (Spanish or Vietnamese) preferred
- Experience in bookkeeping and office management or equivalent position with similar responsibilities described above
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and general bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Strong computer skills and Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Canva and Adobe Acrobat desired
- Experience in customer service and/or client service helpful
To learn more about Cancer CAREpoint, visit www.cancercarepoint.org. Please email your cover letter and resume to Dawn Hogh ([email protected]) Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
Cancer CAREpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer.