Cancer CAREpoint Job Openings
Social Worker/Counselor- LCSW, MSW, LMFT, MFT, LPCC
Join a team committed to ensuring that no one faces cancer alone.
Cancer CAREpoint provides personalized support to patients, survivors, families and caregivers in Silicon Valley. We are seeking counselors who want to help clients navigate the practical, psychological and emotional impacts of cancer. Cancer CAREpoint is the only community-based organization in Silicon Valley providing direct non-medical support programs to patients and family members no matter where they receive their medical care, their insurance status or cancer type, all at no cost.
This is a part-time to full-time position with flexible hours. Some evenings and Saturday hours may occasionally be required. At time of hire this position will be remote due to the shelter-in-place orders but will transition to primarily an on-site position in the Resource Center when we re-open our physical space.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish or Vietnamese) preferred
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling: LCSW, MSW, LMFT, MFT, LPCC
- 3-5 years professional experience in a community, hospital-based or mental health setting.
- Experience providing counseling services online and over the phone, and a confidential setting for delivering virtual services.
- Experience working with clients with cancer or other life-threatening illnesses.
- Strong written and oral communication; excellent record keeping.
- Excellent clinical and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community health, welfare and social agencies.
- Possess basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; familiarity with client/case-management software
- Working knowledge of legal and ethical issues governing direct service delivery including, but not limited to, HIPPA and mandated reporting requirements.
Job Duties and Tasks:
- Meet with cancer patients, family members, caregivers to assess non-medical needs
- Administer distress screening
- Provide case management and advocacy, referrals to appropriate services
- Provide individual, group and family psychosocial care counseling
- Facilitate support groups
- Collaborate with representatives from other agencies
- Other duties as assigned.
To learn more about Cancer CAREpoint, explore our website. Please email your cover letter and resume to Morrigan Bruce. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
Cancer CAREpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2505 Samaritan Drive, Building 400, Suite 402, San Jose, CA 95124
Tax ID#: 27-3029691