Thinking About Planning A Fundraiser For
Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm in coordinating a fundraiser to benefit Cancer CAREpoint. Cancer CAREpoint is an independent non-profit organization dedicated to transforming support for cancer patients, families and caregivers in Silicon Valley. All funding stays in our community and supports programs that improve the quality of life for cancer patients, families and caregivers.
Please consider the following questions as you plan your event:
- What type of fundraiser event do you want to organize?
- Do you have the time and resources to host the event?
- How will expenses be paid? (Cancer CAREpoint cannot reimburse you for your expenses.)
- Is the event welcoming to individuals from different backgrounds?
- What will the financial risk/outcome be?
- Is the event's goal/theme in line with Cancer CAREpoint's mission?
- Will the event create positive public awareness for Cancer CAREpoint and our programs?
- Will you need a permit to run your event?
- Will you need liability insurance coverage?
- Is your event weather dependent?
Cancer CAREpoint will make every effort to support and promote your event in the following ways:
- Provide written materials for the even explaining our mission and programs.
- Distribute information about your event to our staff and volunteers
- Promote your event on our website, e-newsletter and via social media.
- Provide a video presentation about our organization
- Make every effort to send a staff-board member/community event liaison to attend your event.
- Send thank you/acknowledgement letters to all donors.
- Schedule a private tour of our cancer resource center upon request.
- Meet with you before your first planning meeting to provide ideas about fundraising events and logistics.
- Use your funding to provide quality and needed programs to cancer patients and their families in the Silicon Valley.
We realize how much work and effort go into planning an event, and we hope that the questions above will provide you the information you need to plan a successful event. If you have any additional questions or need more assistance, the Cancer CAREpoint staff is happy to help. Please contact Rob Tufel, Executive Director at Cancer CAREpoint at 408.402.6611 or email@example.com. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your fundraising even with you and will work together to ensure it is a success.